Raise your hands if you think Eye contact is important!
Well, I didn’t think it played such an important role four years ago, until now. Back when i was a kid i was told not to maintain eye contact because it reflected disrespect. Now, if i don’t maintain an eye contact people think it’s disrespectful. What a twist in the story!
Did you know that there are different types of eye contact? Lets do some eye talk today.
Here are some easy-to-relate types of eye contact you probably have come across or you probably have given to someone intentionally and unintentionally.
- The Crazy eye contact– Ever gone into a bar, sat down and sensed someone gazing at you? With the eye of intimacy? But the sad part is you dislike every part of the scene and you look away. And you try to NOT look at them. You know they’re looking at you but you consciously look away from them while secretly rolling your eyes with a sentence in your mind “What a creep!”. If you see this, Stop staring because it means “I’m not interested in you Creepy little fellow- keep away!”
- The normal eye contact– You’re walking on the road and you happen to glance at someone in-the-eye (oh shit) and both of you’s eyes meet and then immediately look away while you keep walking. Eeehh.. Happens all the time! This type of eye contact is kind of normal or you could say neutral- nothing really happening. Most of the people don’t even realize that they were looking.
- The intimidated eye contact– You’re walking on the road and you happen to glance at someone in-the-eye (AGAIN) and both you’s eyes meet except this time, you look down as quickly as you can INTENTIAONALLY with a subtle hint of shyness! This could probably mean you’re attracted towards them but you don’t know about it. It just happens unintentionally!
- The twice eye contact– You know what that means! Glancing Twice is a sign of interest (At least that’s what I think). You just want to have a sneak peek into that face once more while your brain formulates answers like – “Hold on! I know this person..hmm.. snapchat? Facebook? Highschool? Friends friend?”,” He has an attractive face”..Or Twice could be a sign of “Hold on! Is she wearing a pink eye shadow on her cheeks?” “Oh my god why can’t people distinguish between pants and leggings!”…..You choose!
- The sincere eye contact– Animals and humans are quiet similar with this type of eye contact. When you smash almost everything that’s breakable in your room because you think YOU NEED A BREAK. But later you need to convince your mother that it was the wind that made the mess- that’s when you use the sincere eye contact. It shows pure guilt and sincere apologies. A clear hint- You get away with anything with this look. Try it! Naughty guilty dogs do it all the time and it always works!
- The dreamy eye contact– Everybody tends to zone out and that’s when the dreamy eye contact comes in place. You’ve been staring at someone for more than 2-3 sec while you don’t know you have been staring at them to actually make them feel uncomfortable. But..You still don’t want to blink or move your sight out of the place because it feels comfortable day- dreaming that way! Sorry Bros.. Can’t help it! I’m having the best unconscious stare of my life!
- The Scary-creepy eye contact- Ever got shivers down your spine because of the way someone’s staring at you? For instances, you’re lining up for your coffee or walking down a quiet path and you catch two diabolic creepy eyes staring at you. This could be too much eye contact making you feel uncomfortable beyond the limits. More like threatening and less weird.
People.. you got to practice how to NOT give this type of eye-contact because it scares the sh** out of anyone.
So.. What do you think? Have you encountered any other type of eye-contact besides these? If you have feel free to comment and share your experience.
Untill next time- Keep your eyes trained! (Wink..Wink)