I haven’t been keeping up with my blog lately and I’m very guilty for that. I’ve been busy with moving houses and if you’ve ever moved houses you’ll know what a pain in the ass it is!
Apart from that, I’ve also started embracing some healthy kicks to my diet and I have noticed a huge difference, not just with my body but also, my mind. I’ve managed to lose 3 kgs (6.61 lbs if you didn’t study metric system) by just making healthy eating decisions. NOTE: I didn’t go on a crash diet or starvation therapy…jeez…That’s silly and dangerous.
At first, I thought it was extremely difficult but as I went along with the flow I got used to it. It wasn’t a huge change in my everyday diet plan, just minor changes and it turned out to be jewel.
Today, I thought I would share what I’ve been doing to live a bit healthier each day.
Small lifestyle changes to live healthier
- Drink a glass of warm water with 10mls of apple cider vinegar. (Not the best taste in the world however, bearable.. hmm..I would give it a 6/10 for taste).
- Make smoothies out of fruits, raw veggies. (Thumbs up if you would like delicious recipes for smoothies).
- Add lemon, fresh fruits or mint herbs in your water. (Spice it up a little to trick your body in drinking more water).
- DO NOT go grocery shopping while you are hungry! That’s a NO NO.. then you’ll tend to pick up more junks than anything near healthy. It’s all about tricking your mind.
- Give up any sort of frizzy drinks. If possible stay away from any botted juices available in the market- they are full of acids and they are loaded with sugar. Having said that, it brings me to my next point.
- Cut down on sugar intake. I’ve reduced my sugar intake from 1 tsp to none. (YAAAYY)
- Try a workout challenge!
- Invest on cool workout clothing’s for extra motivation.
- Print out or save some photos of people who inspires you.
- Take a “before” photo of yourself to motivate yourself.
- Don’t focus on the word “DIETING” itself instead focus on finding satisfaction with the healthy choice of food you’ve made. Conquer your mind and you’ll conquer your body too!
- Use olive oil to cook food.
- Try to go for a walk; even jogging in place is a great workout itself.
- Download Apps to help you keep motivated. Few that i use are; skyfit (Running app), Mydieatcoach(Calorie tracker) and Capitan (Helps build groccery list).
- Snack, Snack and Snack! Grab foods like nuts, fruits instead of chips or cookies. Throw those cookies out please!
- Once in a while, give yourself a treat for staying focused. Allow yourself a guilt-free food indulgences (They call it “The cheat day”). TIP: Save the cheat day for family or friends get-together, that way you won’t be the odd one out and people won’t hate you for being super healthy!
However, keep in mind, that I’m not a Doctor or a professional nutritionists and what works for me might not work for you. And remember, if you’re trying to focus on your health and fitness.. Rule of the thumb is “Consistency and patience”. Stick to it like a koala sticks to the tree!
What do you do to keep healthy?